M A I N Q U E S T I O N S
E X T R A Q U E S T I O N S
1.What are some things which you recycle? What can you do to help prevent pollution? What kind of pollution is the most risky? What can you do to make this world a better place?
2.What are some superstitions in your country? What is the scariest ghost story you know? What would you do if you were taken aboard by UFO?
3.How do you think countries can reduce congestion on the roads? Is parking a problem in your country? Is there any environmentally-friendly transportation in your area?
4. What historical sites have you visited and what did you learn? What interesting people did you meet? Tell us about them. Would you recommend your friends to see them? Why or why not?
5. Are there performed any special rituals or ceremonies in your hometown when a person dies? What are some ways which you can help a family which has just experienced the death of a family member.
6. If you worked for a store and you saw another employee stealing something, would you tell the manager?
7.Why do you think discrimination exists? In what areas is it more noticeable? What are the reasons for it?
8.Talk about national parks that you have visited or you know about. What are they famous for? What can you see there? Are there any national parks or reserves in your country? Talk about them.
9.Have you ever found any money? If so, what did you do with it? Have you ever given money to a homeless person? Have you ever been cheated (stolen by somebody) out of money?
10. Have you ever experienced culture shock? Have you seen visitor experiencing culture shock? Do people experience culture shock when they come back after long stay abroad?
11. Have you ever told white lies? Why do people tell lies? Does telling lies affect interpersonal relations?
12.What are your aspirations for the future? Do you think that you’re ambitious? Why/why not?
13.Do you think arranged marriages are a good or bad thing? Speak about their advantages and disadvantages.
14. Do you think that you’re a good person? What kind of person are you personally? Confess it!
15.What do you think about globalization? Is global village possible to be formed?
16. How long have you been studying English? What are the easiest or the most difficult things about studying a language?
17. How much do you socialize with people from the university? In your language, is there more than one word for a “friend”? If so, how are these words different?
18. Imagine that you could only use ONE of the following: a computer, a telephone, or a car. Which one would you use and why?
19. Are there any dangerous or useless things in life that never should have been invented? What are they and why?
20. How has the Internet changed the way you live? Do computers save time or do they just make us waste more time? How has technology affected the way people wage war? Do you think it makes war more or less humane?